PC oscilloscope with USB interface?

Hello people

I understand there are some devices, from National Instruments, that allow you to use your PC as an oscilloscope. AFAIK they're in ISA or PCI cards.

I am interested in turning a portable PC into a portable 'scope. Are there any USB or PCMCIA devices that do the same as the ISA/PCI "oscilloscope card"?

Linux drivers would be a good extra.

[]s
--
Chaos Master® - Posting from Brazil - MSN: Wizard_of_Yendor@hotmail.com
BRASNET: Wizard_of_Yendor at #POA, #Canoas, #XLinuxNews

low you

ere any

d"?

om

Reply to
Aidan Grey

low you

ere any

d"?

om

There are some PCMCIA data acquisition cards. With the right software= , you

could essentially get most oscilloscope functions out of them.

However, such cards are costly. I think National Instruments has some= , but they run several hundred dollars each.

Also, what bandwidth do you require for your target signal? I don't t= hink that any PCMCIA data acquisition card is rated for more than 1 MHz.

There are several models of portable oscilloscope available. I think Vellemen might be one supplier. There are also some "oscilloscope in a box" mode= ls that can be controlled through a parallel port.

There are even oscilloscope with built in Ethernet ports. Such equipm= ent is very high end and very expensive.

What are your requirements? Perhaps that info will help someone here = point you in the right direction.

Aidan Grey

Reply to
Aidan Grey

Hi!

I would LOVE to be able to find a PC oscillosopce with the folloiwng spec:

2 Channel XY input Separate Z inputs for the R, G and B Clocked persistance, by which I mean the diplay continues to draw the bem on the screen until it receives a "CLEAR" signal, that when pulsed, clears the display.

Any ideas?

Yours, Mark.

Aidan Grey wrote:

Reply to
Mark (UK)

I don't think that either a PC oscilloscope or a standalone oscilloscope is

available with 5 or more inputs as you describe.

Any digital oscilloscope will give you a persistent display. What bandwidth do you require, up to 1 MHz, 10 MHz, 100 MHz, or higher?

For info on PC oscilloscopes, surf to

and look at their product line. Their boards run up to 10,000 or so in price, but they don' do what you want.

Aidan Grey

Reply to
Aidan Grey