USB Host implementation with UART interface?

Hi Group, I m looking for a product(an ICor small board etc.) that takes on USB host tasks and provide UART interface. Does any available? There is lots of USB to RS232 chip or cable ... but i think none of them has the capability to drive a USB slave product for example printer.

We have an HP converter that can be connected to all USB printers via ethernet. So i inspired to search such an IC(RS232 instead of ethernet).

Thanks much in advance...

-CAGRI-

Reply to
ahmet

The AT91RM9200 has the neccessary H/W, but you may need to run Linux to get it to work. The AT43USB380 Embedded USB host controller + an AT91R40008 may do what you want. The AT43USB380 runs the USB host stack on chip, and the printer driver will run on the ARM. The AT43USB380Dk will include both chips and can be used for a protoype. It has 1 serial port and 4 USB host ports.

-- Best Regards Ulf at atmel dot com These comments are intended to be my own opinion and they may, or may not be shared by my employer, Atmel Sweden.

"ahmet" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson