Oscilloscope Probe Settings

Hello, I have acquired a Philips PM3232 10MHz oscilloscope, and it did not come with probes.

I bought a 100MHz HP 10071A probe and supposedly I need to set it to the correct capacitance. It has an orange button on the probe, near the BNC connector marked "REF" and a set screw for the variable capacitor. How would I set this?

Thanks, Zach

Reply to
Zach Zaborny

Hook it to a square wave source and adjust for a square wave on the screen.

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

Click on the picture.