How to disassemble a Tektronix P6013a probe?

I just got a new old stock Tek P6013a probe and I noticed the bnc connector on the probe body is a little loose. I'm guessing there's a lock nut on the inside and I'd like to tighten it up before using it and possibly twisting off a wire on the inside. How does the probe body come apart so I can tighten up that bnc? Is that possible?

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave

I'd just put a piece of glue lined heat shrink on it, that way you don't risk ripping the wire out your trying to protect.

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Just hold the light gray front of the body and unscrew the dark part. Then push the dark gray tip back through the light part. That will reveal a metal cylinder. Remove the small screws holding the cylinder, that will reveal the back of the bnc. Phil J

connector

Phil J

That was way to simple, thank you! I should have expected something that elegant and direct from Tektronics. Dave

Reply to
Dave