HP part cross reference - was Re: HP cross refernce wanted for 1820-0379

Hi all, I have completed the OCR of the pdf Richard sent. It needs some work as it's unedited from the OCR.

I've put it on my site and will update it when I or Richard have done a 1st cut at the edit.

find it here.

it's at the bottom of the tree on the LHS of the page.

Cheers Greg

Reply to
gcd

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 15:43:33 +1000, "gcd" put finger to keyboard and composed:

This is my first draft. It still needs a lot more editing, though.

(7KB)
(97KB)

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Hi Franc, Thanks for the info. Still got the last list you posted as well. I'll combine all of that info. Haven't progressed any as yet -- wanted a break from reading all those mind numbing numbers ! Perhaps this weekend.

Cheers Greg

it's

1st
Reply to
gcd

Greg / Franc I have been editing the List you sent over and it looks like the three of us have essentially been working at the same thing in Parallel which is probably not making efficent use of the resources available so the way I see it there are a couple of options :

1) we each edit the list in isolation then compare the two or three lists to pick up individual errors - I have been using excel to compare entries and highlight any differences 2) we divvy the list up between us and each do say a third of the list

or any other suggestions ?

as Greg converted the whole document which consisted of an HP part no to generic part number list and a Generic part number to HP part number list my approach has essentially been to compare both lists and correct any variations - I believe I have all the HP part numbers in my list correct now although I will compare them with Francs and am/was working on the generic part numbers.

anyway rather than everyone doing the same thing in isolation how about we decide how we are going to go about this efficently ?

Regards Richard Freeman

Reply to
Richard Freeman

Richard/Greg/Franc,

Would you be interested in a list of HP application notes? I may also be able to help with part number cross reference. Drop me a note if you want.

Glenn Elmore

snipped-for-privacy@XsonicX.Xnet drop the "X's"

Richard Freeman wrote:

Reply to
Glenn Elmore

IHi, 'm easy - let me know when an edit is done and I'll give it a once over after that, I agree, more efficient serially.

Greg

break

us

see

my

now

Reply to
gcd

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 19:38:36 +1000, "gcd" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I find that it's sometimes easier to read and edit the numbers using a regular text editor. At other times it's better to cut and paste in Excel. I also use QBasic routines to search the data looking for obvious errors, eg non-numeric characters in numeric variables (eg

182D-xxxx), "I" instead of "1", "O" in place of "0", extra spaces (eg 74 LS 74), non-sequential HP numbers (eg 1820-xxxx, 1920-xxx, 1820-xxxx), etc.

This is my latest work:

(38KB)

I've created a new spreadsheet with the data from the first half of the database on the RHS and the data from the second half, sorted by part number, on the LHS. The columns are arranged as "description, mfr, HP number, HP number, mfr, description". This allows the two sets of data to be readily compared. I've then processed these data with a simple QBasic program that identifies differences in the DMN fields (Description, Mfr, hp Number). I've cleaned up as much as I could, but there are still about 300 errors. The data are in comma delimited text format which should import straight into an Excel spreadsheet.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:48:48 +1000, "Richard Freeman" put finger to keyboard and composed:

That's what I've done. I still have about 300 corrections to do, but I can't progress without the original .pdfs.

See

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

break

us

see

and

my

Should be on its way to you now ....

Reply to
Richard Freeman

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:26:16 +1000, "Richard Freeman" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Got it, thanks. I've now reduced the number of discrepancies to 1, but that is not to say that there aren't more errors.

(37KB)

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar