HP-8662A

I 've just purchased the subject generator. I knew it had problems and that is why I was able to afford to buy it. I finally isolated and fixed the major problem and now it does power up at least. I also bought a set of manuals. I am now getting an error code #06 which means a hardare fault within the A6A4 Phase detector reference sum board or the A6A5 Phase detector output sum board. The relative error LEDs are illuminated on these two assemblies. In addition the error LEDs are also illuminated on the A4A4 (Distributor) and A4A7 (AGC) assemblies. while I am sure given enough time I can find and fix the poblems, it would be nice to be able to draw on any experience that could be offered here. BTW, right now I do not get any output at any frequency on the main RF output port. The reference output and the 640 MHz output is OK. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks - Mike

--

Mike B. Feher, N4FS
89 Arnold Blvd.