Tektronix 2722A ?

I'm taking a shot in the dark as I know some of these groups are not on this topic but I've struck out so far on getting ops info on the Tek 2722A Sweep Receiver. I got it at the Williams AZ swap and it seems to work! At the motel in Williams it picked up the and displayed the cable channels leaking using a coat hanger as an antenna and it did the same at 2 other locations. I'm striking out in trying to figure out how to confugure it so that it becomes more useful. So if there are any cable guys out there who can help with basic ops or point me to info, I'd sure appreciate it. tnx

--
73
Hank WD5JFR

I 've just purchased the subject generator. I knew it had problems and that is why I was able to afford to buy it. I finally isolated and fixed the major problem and now it does power up at least. I also bought a set of manuals. I am now getting an error code #06 which means a hardare fault within the A6A4 Phase detector reference sum board or the A6A5 Phase detector output sum board. The relative error LEDs are illuminated on these two assemblies. In addition the error LEDs are also illuminated on the A4A4 (Distributor) and A4A7 (AGC) assemblies. while I am sure given enough time I can find and fix the poblems, it would be nice to be able to draw on any experience that could be offered here. BTW, right now I do not get any output at any frequency on the main RF output port. The reference output and the 640 MHz output is OK. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS

89 Arnold Blvd. Howell, NJ, 07731 732-901-9193
Reply to
Mike Feher

I'd be curious to hear what the problem(s) turn out to be. Those are nice signal generators, and built like I'd imagine an interplanetary probe is built, but they are fiendishly complex.

-- jm

Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam

John Miles

We have 6 of those 8662a's and have them calibrated once a year. They have the best phase noise spec of any commercial generator I've seen, but are notorious for breaking down frequently. If we didn't have so many lucrative government contracts we would of sold them off years ago.

Reply to
Optimus Maximus

John

It appears, that at a minimum, one of the VCOs is bad. They use two FETs and a varactor for tuning and have 6 inductors switched in to cover the desired VCO range. They are not intended to be servicable, but, I have no choice but to attempt to repair it myself. Even taking one of them apart is a challange. I did buy it for its low phase noise characteristic as I would like to use it in my home lab phase noise measuring test set up. Too many projects and too little time. I will post my results here, and, still, if any one can offer any suggestions it would be appreciated. Thanks - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS

89 Arnold Blvd. Howell, NJ, 07731 732-901-9193

that

these

A4A4

time I