HFBR 5205AT Optical Transceiver Problem

dear friends

i'm using Optical Transceiver HFBR 5205AT in our project. The Transceiver has electrical PECL input interface. The TTL output from the FPGA is converted into PECL using PECL Transceiver and this goes to the Optical Transeiver which does optical to electrical conversion. Problem: If there is no data input on the PECL interface, the optical transceiver does work.We are sending data at the rate of 2Mbps with single frame time being 125 micro-sec. In this frame time of 125 micro-sec, 63.5 micro-sec is the inter-frame gap time during which frame is not transmitted but i had to send alternate sequence of 1's &

0's to make the Optical Transceiver work.

Is this always required for to send alternate sequence of 1's & 0's to make the Optical Transceiver work? Any suggestions!

regards shantanu...

Reply to
Shantanu Gupta