Fluke Multimeter

I have a Fluke 8012A multimeter, and it now displays "BT" and all segments of the numeric display. I believe it needs a new battery, but I don't see one within the unit that's apparent. Anyone know how I can obtain one? Thanks.

Reply to
Bill Happersett

Bill

I believe it needs a new battery, but I don't see one within the unit that's apparent.

Just a guess but are there some screws on the back that would allow access to the battery compartment? I have several Flukes and all are that way. Bob AZ

Reply to
RWatson767

It is considered a benchtop instrument. It has a rechargable Nicad. Notice the standard instrument AC input connector in the rear center. Give it some nice 120VAC power and it will charge the battery pack. It charges with the power switch off. Jeff

Reply to
Jeff