Removing the carrying handle from a Tek 2211 'scope

Has anyone tried removing the carrying handle from a Tektronix 2211 (or similar) 'scope? It's the one that just pulls out under tension, and has a circle of lugs that locate into the main body.

I'm trying to stack my equipment up and the handle is a pain!

I haven't been inside it yet, and don't want to break anything, so I thought I'd ask here before I do!

Rick.

Reply to
Rick

Rick wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

There are a pair of screws inside the case that holds on the handle,one on each side,center of the handle pivot.They are TorX head screws,T15 or T20,IIRC.Remove the scopes' rear panel(4 screws) and slide the case off,then look inside at the handle area.The rear panel screws are probably dual slotted/TorX head screws,T15.

--
Jim Yanik,NRA member
jyanik@kua.net

That's great. I'll try it now.

Thanks, Rick.

Reply to
Rick

Yup, that worked. Equipment is now neatly stacked. All I have to do is find a home for the handle where I won't lose it!

Thanks again, Rick.

Reply to
Rick