Disabling Fluke 8600A Battery

The last time I turned on my Fluke 8600A about 6 months ago, it took a couple hours to charge the battery. Now it shows only one digit on the display. I checked the batteries and found 2 are 1.2 volts and 2 are around .6 volts. I assume the meter is trying to charge the batteries rather than operate. Is there some way I can disable the battery charger and run off line power or do I have to buy new batteries?

Thanks for any input, Ted Busky

Reply to
Ted Busky

Not exactly sure about the 8600 but many of this type are dependent on the batteries for filtering the line power. I have simply removed batteries and replaced them with electrolytic caps with success - though you probably would want to insert the apropriate current limiting resistor between the supply and the load as the charging current will no longer be loading down the supply.

Reply to
<todd