EFT suppress on notebook DC power cable?

Hi, All

I noticed that on my notebook DC power cable there is a cylinder between the DC converter and the output plug on my notebook. And on many consumer electronics products such as Digital camera, that cylinder object also exists. I guess that there is a EFT choke coil inside it. Is that right? If so, is there any information on that? For example, Standard, Spec, Product Ads...

I am interested on that because recently I am doing a project for suppress EFT on nano order. Neither diode or TVS could suppress that kind of EFT.

Thanks and Regards

Roger

Reply to
Roger Liu

It's normally a ferrite core through which the cable passes, I don't think there is a full loop of cable through/around the core. Similar things are used on the better quality monitor leads and Epson fit them a lot on their PSU's for scanners etc.

You can buy clip-over cores with plastic covers from the main distributors.

Peter

Peter A Forbes