XYRS file data

I am being told that the XYRS file my CAD software generates is 180 degrees out. I guess there is some sort of convention or standard, but I can't find where that is described. I get the impression that most assembly houses are happy to even get a file.

The program I am using has options for selecting things like the rotation direction. How do I know what is correct? In the emails I have exchanged, the assembly house seems to feel that whatever works with their machine is the "correct" convention even if they can't tell me what it is. Anyone know how to define the data in the XYRS file?

I found out that gerbv will read in XYRS files (even though they don't define the file format). But when I try to run it under Win2K it crashes on opening a Gerber for XYRS file. I see a mailing list for the Linix version. Is there support for the Windows version?

Reply to
rickman

"Linux"

Same mailing list. We support more than just Linux.

Reply to
DJ Delorie