Looking for PC CAN card recommendations

Hi,

I'm looking for PC (WinXP) CAN card recommendations (high and medium speeds). Nothing fancy; not sure if I need a software package with it, I guess that depends on how I could program it without one. Advice on what NOT to buy might be helpful as well.

Thanks,

David

Reply to
davidd31415

Purchase the OBD2 RAD SDK (software developer's kit). It includes the programming API which supports communications to any of the EASE vehicle interfaces... USB, RS232, 802.11b, bluetooth.

Reply to
jyaron

I'm currently looking into the PEAK range of CAN card, for around $450AUD you can get a 2 port CAN card.

It has a basic API which is free and a more substantial one which you have to pay for( which is more expensive at about $6500AUD.

--

Wing Wong.
Reply to

Heinz

Reply to
Heinz-Jürgen Oertel

Thanks for the feedback all...

Anyone have experience/feedback on vector:

?canalyzer.html ? I've been looking at the CANalyzer 5.1 and the CANcardXL since last night.

Reply to
davidd31415

?canalyzer.html

This is a very nice tool - if a bit pricey. However, where are you based? The help/about screen contains the following:

"You must NOT use this software in the United States of America".

Reply to
Richard

Funny. I have it running on my system as we speak. My Help/About box says "Version 5.1.52(SP2) CANcardX CANcardXL US (c) Copyright

1992-2005 Vector Informatik GmbH" along with our registration number.

So apparently they have different versions for different locales...

Regards,

-=Dave

--
Change is inevitable, progress is not.
Reply to

?canalyzer.html

If you are not looking for the Mercedes brand:

Heinz

Reply to
Heinz-Jürgen Oertel

Any suggestion as to why they would impose such a restriction?

Rob

--
Robert Kaiser                     email: rkaiser AT sysgo DOT com
SYSGO AG                          http://www.elinos.com

Possibly a patent conflict of some sort with a US-registered patent holder??

Rob

Reply to
Rob Turk

holder??

Vector seem very heavy with their disclaimers - they really lay it on thick about how the tool can be used to program CAN devices and as such incorrect use can be dangerous. My assumption, which is based on nothing other than prejudice, was that they are wary of litigation in the US.

Reply to
Richard

Hi Heinz!

Do you know, whether there exists a homepage similar to the above one about Flexray? I=B4m working on my Diploma thesis, where I=B4d like to design a drive-by-wire architecture, using an embedded PC as a control module. For communication, FlexRay would fit best, but due to the fact that Flexray-hardware is hardly available, I=B4d like to design a system that can be extended by Flexray later. But for that I need information, how a Flexray controller could possibly can be integrated later.. Could anyone please give me any advice?

Sandra

Reply to
Sandra

........ maybe the 2 links help to start:

Peter

-- Bitte nur in der Gruppe antworten. Please reply only in the group.

Reply to
Peter Wucherer