Wireless PCMCIA reccommendations?

I need a wireless pcmcia card that I can access with a microntroller in 8 bit mode (direct IO access). Can anyone recommend such a card?

-- Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

(Text only)
(SourceForge)
(HCS II)

Reply to
Neil Cherry

I very much suspect there is no such thing. Wireless cards are almost invariably not even actual PCMCIA cards, but PC-Cards, i.e. they're

32-bit affairs. 8-bit effectively doesn't exist in that part of the world.
Hans-Bernhard Broeker

You can use a Netgear PCMCIA Wireless card with an 8 bit micro: PIC, AVR, etc. You need an interface to mimic PCMCIA but this is relatively trivial.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Jackson

Hi,

any PRISM I chipset-based wireless card is 8-bit accessible since they're PCMCIA PC-Card (NOT 32 bits Cardbus).

Plus, even if PRISM-I cards announce themselves as 3.3V only they can be powered in 5V and their I/O pins are 5V tolerant.

See intersil website for details about the chipset (HFA384x). The developper's guide can be obtained from Intersil by signing a non-disclosure agreement.

Also see

for an example of a 802.11b card interfaced with an 8 bit micro (PIC).

Romuald

Neil Cherry wrote:

Reply to
romu