embedded VNC

I need to throw together an embedded VNC tablet.  The hardware consists of
a 486DX4, 24 MB RAM, and a 1 GB HD.

I have PCMCIA (not cardbus) slots and I have to support wireless.  I can
buy whatever 802.11b wireless card I need.  No USB, so I'm stuck with
PCMCIA.

Anyone know of a canned distro that I can scarf?

This is a one-off type of thing, so I don't want to reinvent the wheel....

Thanks,

--Yan

Re: embedded VNC

Which tablet are you talking about here ??

Re: embedded VNC

I started looking at the Fujitsu 1000 - but then I realized I have an
identically spec'd laptop sitting right here.  So the machine is going to
be a Gateway Liberty - a 1995 vintage laptop.

Basically I am looking to remote a display - cheap and quick.

--Yan

Re: embedded VNC

Turns out Damn Small Linux does the trick.  Comes with vncviewer.  Keewwl!

Neat little distro.

--Yan

Site Timeline