What is the best Microcontroller for interfacing the Matrix Display

Hello All,

My current project is to interface the display to the controller that gets the data through a Ethernet port and displays it on P10 LED display.

I have a 16X32 P10 LED display. I have to make a 32X64 display with four such displays. The controller gets the data from either Zigbee or Ethernet (Using HTTP or TCP/IP protocol), extracts the information from the received packets and finally displays it on the Matrix Display.

Can someone suggest me what is the best controller that has both Zigbee and Ethernet for interfacing the Matrix display (Preferred would be Ethernet since interested to get the data from the Ethernet) ?

Software is the most important aspect since no where I got the information about the display code for P10 display and getting or communicating through the Ethernet. I thought of going with PIC controllers but no where the code is available for getting the data from the Ethernet and interfacing the display.

Reply to
obulesu.t

You didn't mention a required frame rate, but if it's not too high you could use an ESP8266 WiFi controller. The ESP8266-12 has several GPIO, UART, SPI, and programs in the Arduino environment.

The advantage is that you don't have to use up GPIO integrating a uC with a separate WiFi solution.

Connectivity code examples generally come with the Arduino IDE.

HTH

Reply to
Randy Day

Your static requirements state a Zigbee/Ethernet to shift register output converter (maybe even SPI compatible). Just about any MCU will have GPIOs needed for your display output. You just need a MCU with Zigbee or Ethernet. You really need to understand your cost and dynamic requirements (like data throughput, frame rate, etc). That will help you find the right part (or parts).

JJS

Reply to
John Speth

scritto:

s the data through a Ethernet port and displays it on P10 LED display.

such displays.

r TCP/IP protocol), extracts the information from the received packets and finally displays it on the Matrix Display.

nd Ethernet for interfacing the Matrix display (Preferred would be Ethernet since interested to get the data from the Ethernet) ?

n about the display code for P10 display and getting or communicating throu gh the Ethernet.

e for getting the data from the Ethernet and interfacing the display.

If you don't need to do many pieces I would go for a Raspberry Pi, Beagle B one, etc. and make a small HAT with the display and the zigbee dongle (if i t doesn't exist already).

Bye Jack

Reply to
Jack

ha scritto:

ets the data through a Ethernet port and displays it on P10 LED display.

r such displays.

or TCP/IP protocol), extracts the information from the received packets an d finally displays it on the Matrix Display.

and Ethernet for interfacing the Matrix display (Preferred would be Ethern et since interested to get the data from the Ethernet) ?

ion about the display code for P10 display and getting or communicating thr ough the Ethernet.

ble for getting the data from the Ethernet and interfacing the display.

Bone, etc. and make a small HAT with the display and the zigbee dongle (if it doesn't exist already).

Or go for the

boards. Low cost, lot of examples, RTOS, etc.

Bye Jack

Reply to
Jack

THanks for the reply,.. It looks ok for me but there is no ethernet port...

Reply to
obulesu.t
[snip]

It's WiFi, yes. When you mentioned Zigbee, I assumed a wireless solution was OK.

Reply to
Randy Day

s the data through a Ethernet port and displays it on P10 LED display.

such displays.

r TCP/IP protocol), extracts the information from the received packets and finally displays it on the Matrix Display.

nd Ethernet for interfacing the Matrix display (Preferred would be Ethernet since interested to get the data from the Ethernet) ?

n about the display code for P10 display and getting or communicating throu gh the Ethernet.

e for getting the data from the Ethernet and interfacing the display.

Very easy with a Propeller chip and one of my MagJack format W5500 WIZnet m odules for the hardwired Ethernet. I have server code for HTTP/FTP and Teln et while the Propeller chip with its multiple cores handles I/O tasks easil y. I'm guessing though that you either use shift registers or a decoder for the 32 columns with 16 I/O directly driving the rows. Telnet is a way of s ending commands and data to it serially, or you could go Zigbee just as eas ily. pubdoc at

Peter

Reply to
Peter Jakacki

Am 27.11.2017 um 06:05 schrieb snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com: