USB I/O controller

Hi, Is there any exclusive USB I/O controller(serial, parallel, PS2 communication)? There was one controller from Prolific PL2555, but now they seem to discontinue that product. Any pointers pls? Thanks

Reply to
S45

Im creating an OpSys for ARM -Linux box ...GP2X ..

it has NetChip2272 . The ARM talks parallel to "2272" and 2272 does serial in/out to the cable

. 1.x and 2.0 .

GP2X is dual ARM CPU and Video accelerator , and USB chip and 64MB SDRAM and NAND flash and slot for SD card . I'll be putting 20 buttons around the 3.5" color LCD , to launch low level stuff ..

Its clean . No wierd stuff . No lock out ... put ur code on SD , write it to NAND Flash , hold down 2 keys and it flashes firmware upgrade .

2nd ARM cpu is LCD driver and other stuff ....

It has the most potential of all the battery powered Linux boxes at that price .. You could buy a LittleChips with huge LCD and ready to run IDE hook to a 2.5" HDD for $600 .... But the GPX should be easy to do HDD ....

It will kill the IBM-PC ...

Reply to
werty