usb

Can somebody give me resources on how to develop a serial to usb device? I'm not allowed to use rs232 to usb ICs so I have to develop my own!

Already have the USB specification.

Thanks

Reply to
eugene

Get Jan Axelson's book, "USB Complete" and check out the resources on her website,

Robert Scott Ypsilanti, Michigan

Reply to
Robert Scott

Use a PIC18F2450

which has USB and a hardware UART, and get Microchip Application Note AN956
and the software for this AN
This gives you a working USB CDC communication layer, so most of the work is already done. PC drivers for CDC standard devices are already included in W2k/XP, so you won't have to worry about Windows kernel mode programming either.

You will need MPLAB (free,

the ICD2 ISP programming/debugging interface (about 150$,
, and the Microchip C18 C compiler (about 300$, maybe the Student Edition is enough:
for this task. Maybe the PCDEM USB starter board
is helpful for the first steps.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Frank-Christian Krügel

Reply to