uCOS-II, rabbit semiconductor, ucos2.lib file, other lib files...

I have the book, uCOS-II: The real-time kernel, bought before I started using dynamic C (Z-World, rabbit semiconductor, RCM-3000 module). The version of Dynamic C I'm using (8.30) did not come with the uCOS-II .LIB files.

Is there some way I can use or create the .LIB files (ucos2.lib, os_cfg.lib, others?) from the source code from uCOS CD, or must I buy these .LIB files from Z-world? Do I need to modify the other uCOS source files (OS_TASK.C, etc.)?

Thank you

Reply to
M. vA

What lib files? The book has the source, you need to build it an link it. look up uCOS-II in Google. It is still a product. They have a list of CPU's that people have ported it to. Maybe yours is there.

Reply to
Neil Kurzman

I don't think compiling the source with Dynamic C would be easy. Dynamic C is not ANSI C, standard source code will not compile using Dynamic C. I think (?) Dynamic C also has problems with projects that include many multiple source files. You will need to go through the code and rework a bit to get it to compile.

Richard.

Richard

Obviously you don't know a lot about Rabbit's Dynamic C. This is a C-like language that has one main .c file. Any other modules are .lib files with a not very C-like interface between modules. It may be easier to convert C to Dynamic C than to Pascal, but I'm not sure.

Alf

Reply to
Unbeliever

The Dynamic C port of uCOS-II is sold separately for $159.

There is no end product license fee to use this port.

Reply to
Brian Murtha

I stand corrected the MicroC/OS-II web site does not list the Rabbit.

Reply to
Neil Kurzman

If he ports it himself, he will be subject to Micrium's per product license fee ($2,500 the last I heard). If he pays $159 for uC/OS-II, he'll get another copy of the book, a supported, working port, and no per-product license fee. Porting isn't that hard, but it will take more than $159 worth of his time.

uC/OS-II is also available for the Softools Rabbit compiler with a discounted license fee.

Reply to
Brian Murtha