TQFP socket?

Hi @ll

Are there TQFP sockets?

Where can one buy it?

Short question but difficult answer.

-- Paul dankt den Helfern, wünscht jedem viel Spaß im Usenet und grüßt alle, die dies lesen. :-) Thanks to all usenet-helpers and regards.

Reply to
Paul Rosen

Hi Paul,

Yamaichi or AMP, for instance, are manufacturers of such sockets. Now all you have to do is to go to their sites and look which of their distributors are in your area. In Germany, I know of Segor Electronics

as selling such products.

HTH, Jens

Reply to
Jens Hildebrandt

Thank you for your advice. Sockets seem not be a real solution for TQFP- developing

-- Paul dankt den Helfern, wünscht jedem viel Spaß im Usenet und grüßt alle, die dies lesen. :-) Thanks to all usenet-helpers and regards.

Reply to
Paul Rosen

No, at least in Europe use something like PCB Pool. What I sometimes do is make up a TQFP to 0.1" grid PCB, and use that with matrix or wire wrap, but with big TQFPs it's better to go the whole hog, and cheaper too if you count the time wiring up the prototype.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke