TESSY with RTOS?

Hello experts,

I have few questions with regard to TESSY tool for unit and integration testing. I have gone throgh HITEX website but i couldn't get information to following questions:

  1. Can TESSY working on a TARGET will give you the information about MEMORY LEAKAGE?
  2. Can TESSY be used to test RTOS? i.e. can it give me the information about DEAD LOCKING? SYNCHRONIZATION ISSUES and all that?

Looking for forward to your quick replies?

Thanks for your time in advance.

Cheers!!

-Dk

Reply to
dk

Hi Dk,

I thought a real expert may have answered this but in their absence at the moment I'll throw in my thoughts.

Firstly if you have a legal paid for and supported copy of TESSY then contact Hitex directly and they will help you.

I think on both your points TESSY doesn't test these items, you seem to want something that tells you that your application works OK. I believe TESSY only operates at the function level by giving it all the function inputs and outputs and defining the expected outputs. TESSY then automates the actual testing by running all the vectors for you. Therefore you can go and do something else and regression testing is much more efficient.

It relies very much on you having good functional requirements, in principle you should give the functional requirements to both your software engineer and your test engineer. They work in parallel, one writing the software and the other writing the test vectors and then they come together to perform the test with TESSY. Of course you will get 100% pass because we all work in this manner all the time so it's second nature to us all and TESSY just confirms everything is OK. ;-)

Dave.

Reply to
Dave

dk escribió: