Servo motor controller with pic18f4331

Im new to micro controller programming and I urgently need a program for servo motor controller(dc motor controller with a single ended quadrature encoder) using pic 18f4331. I googled it for on many occasions but found nothing. I would prefer in mikroc. Will someone be able to share their coding with me as It would be a great help as Iam already lagging in my final year project...

regards

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

vibz86

Generally one is expected to do this work oneself. The point of the project is not to get it working, the point is to _learn_ how to get it working, so you don't inflict yet another incompetent engineer on the world.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

Tim is right of course because work you propose is not new. A few days ago I gave you a link on this group to a paper which told you in some detail how to do it. Have you read it ? If you did and you can't understand it then some one may be able/willing to help you if you ask a specific question.

In case you missed it I used AltaVista and searched on "l298 pic quadrature" and got 412 hits.

14th was :
in which some helpful school kids do it all for you with schematic .........

Michael Kellett

Reply to
MK

As Tim says, you have to do these things yourself. Once you are deeper into the project, if you have more specific questions then you might get help or hints here.

You get bonus points for being honest about this being a homework question - you'll find people here much happier to give homework-related hints to honest students than to those that try to hide the reason for their questions (and we can usually guess who the students are).

But at the moment, your questions are too general, so you can only get general advice - read your course books! You might also want to read other books - something like "Applied Control Theory for Embedded Systems" could be useful.

Reply to
David Brown

Maybe you should choose another field. You'd probably make a good lawyer.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

And you'd make a good troll. I hear the billy goats gruff are hiring.

To get back on topic, I'd suggest reading up on servo timing, and using PWM with the PIC. Once you understand the pulse timings required to control a servo and implementing PWM using the internal timer, you should be able to implement it yourself.

Also. As others have mentioned, try to read up a bit more and ask more specific questions. You'll get less asshole responses that way.

-clark

Reply to
L!TH!UM