t1 photodiode with visible response

comp.arch.embedded t1 photodiode with visible response

Anyone know of a photodiode with visible response in a t1 package. These devices with response limited to the infared are readily available but, curiously, not in the visible range.

Hul

Reply to
Hul Tytus

Take a look at the Osram SFH 229. Even though it peaks at about 800nm, there's still a lot of meat on the response curve down in the visible range.

I've had good luck using similar Osram photodiodes and red light to read markings.

Jim Stewart

Thanks Jim. I'll look at it and see how it does. The objective is in the blue range, though, and that might be too far away. There is a surface mount device that is similar to the diode you've mentioned.

Hul

Jim Stewart wrote:

dbr

Yup, used that part too. Good luck.