ATtiny10, programmed and blinking

Hi

it's blinking it's blinking, Atmel's SOT23-6 packaged processor ATtiny10

I have had the samples on my desk for some good months already but never got the time to find a programming solution, til today ! well I got some small PCBs from the fab, where I soldered the tiny10 and then well as many times before I had to make the programming solution alright this time I only modified some source converting it from LPT to USB the conversion was done within 2 hours, then some wire soldering.. and the tiny10 was identified, programmed and started to blink the LED on the board

I hope I can offer the software (need some cleanup first) after the embedded ok, within some timeframe after :)

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Interesting part, but whenever we've looked at SOT23 uC, they are always pin-bound. Even 8 pin ones bump into the pin-count, so I've always believed a smarter limit, is 14 pins.

Atmel also overlooked ANY xtal modes (?!) in the Tiny10, and it is no longer that cheap (~55c/10K)

Contrast that, with the newest MSP430s

- 128 bytes RAM vs 32

- 14 Pins, [;)] 10 IO, in TSOP14, and 4mm MLF16

- 25c/100k, or 37c/1K

- It DOES have a 32Khz Xtal mode (downside: Narrow Vcc range)

- So this part can make a smart RTC/System Monitor (for that. you'd likely choose the 46c SPI variant, or the 49c ADC model, where TI _did_ remember to include a temperature sensor!! )

-jg

Reply to
-jg

0

Someone on the AVR Freaks forum has written some programming software for them.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

An NXP ARM Cortex-M0 chip only costs 10c more - 65c/10k!

Leon

Reply to
Leon

y10

there was 100% russian language version of some code that uses some unknown LPT driver library that does not support PCI LPT ports, so I do not think its a very easy to use solution...

Antti

Reply to
Antti

and some more references at that (almost) same 55c price point, this one moves a column, but does have more Flash, more ram, more timers, and is quite a new step for Lumbering Infineon into a low-price pool. There are many Asian vendors with small 8051's, but it is good to see a serious industrial/automotive vendor hit the low price points.

["XC82x and XC83x series ranges from 2KB to 8KB of programmable flash and from 16-pin to 28-pin... prices range from Euro 0.39 (US $0.55) to Euro 0.72 (US $1.01) in 100k quantities. Engineering samples of the XC82x series are available, samples of the XC83X series starting April 2010."]

-jg

Reply to
-jg

there was free give away of XC822 based development boards on embedded

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Did you score some ?

Scanning the data: nice devices, extremely well resourced for a TSSOP16 pin device; unlike TI. they are 5.5V and can drive power fets directly. They also have ECC flash!.

A couple of minor design decisions have me ???

  • They have RTC, and good RTC HW, but 'forgot' to include a Crystal support - just one RTCIN pin ? (also no HF crystal support - perhaps unreliable?)
  • BOD protects the core, but seems not settable above ~2.9V

- A ~4.5V setpoint would be good for mosfet drive protection ?

The ADC is fast, so perhaps that is for SOA usage ?

Some good ROM features, but unclear if the non MDU models have still- working MathLibs?

-jg

-jg

Reply to
-jg

no

hm, I wasnt hunting much :)

i scored:

- XC822 touch demo (includes FT232 based programmer)

- renesas "rtos evaluatuor" ? H8S, + sram, made as USB dongle, assumed with some loader

- st8 discovery kit OF COURSE (includes STM32 based programmer)

- silabs ir slider kit (c8051f326 based programmer + silabs mcu + ir detectorstuff)

- some NEC kit with LCD (maybe also with onboard programmer, need check out)

some pencil's and one non digital memory device :) (paper based notebook!)

Antti

Reply to
Antti

I must have missed something, What is a XC822 ?

thanks

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton