Suggestion on heat spreading.

Hello.

I have a design based on two Pentium-M SBCs that will be confined into a tight space in which ventilation is very limited and I am looking for a heat sinking solution. I thought of using some kind of heat spreader to convey heat from CPUs and north bridges to an aluminum chassi or external heatsink. AFAICT this kind of solution is custom made. The problem is our production scale will be low so developing a custom solution may not be worth. Besides I would like to experiment with the technology to make sure it works for me.

I would appreciate if somebody could provide a hint on manufacturers of heat spreaders that have standard parts.

Also, does somebody know a manufacturer of heat spreading pads I could assemble between the CPU and the heat sink? That could provide an alternative approach.

Any suggestions on the subject will be very much appreciated.

Elder.

Reply to
ih8sp4m

Un bel giorno Elder Costa snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com digitò:

The faster solution should be thermal pad:

There are a lot of heights, you should be able to "level" all of the heat sources (CPU, bridges etc..) to a plain surface (i.e. a metallic box, an heatsink etc).

--
asd
Reply to

Sorry, I don't have an answer, but I'm interested in the same sort of thing. If you find an off-the-shelf solution somewhere else would you mind posting the information back here?

-Mike

Reply to
Mike Warren