SPI Length

Okay I'll try to keep this simple:

I have a six pin ribbon cable that is 10 feet long. I am connecting 5 devices on the bus. Each device will draw

Reply to
Brett Foster

Multiple times 200mA from a flat ribbon cable is a lot.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

I don't think that you have enough wires for SPI. As well as the four wire SPI you'll need chip selects on the slaves. I2C would be more suitable as it uses 3 wires and doesn't need chip selects when used as a bus. You should be able to find I2C implementions for the AVR. Peter

Reply to
moocowmoo

It will probably work. SPI is used to program AVRs and it works OK over 2 m or so of printer cable.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller