Soc with SLIC/PCM (Codec) interface.

Hi !

I need a something like a SoC (ARM, PPC ...etc) with an embedded SLIC/PCM interface. A perfect solution would be one supported by GNU/Linux kernel. I try ggogling with these Keywords unfortunately nothing interresting has been found ...

Best regards, Habib.

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

This look like something they made 50 years ago:

Perhaps in another 50 years, someone will be able to integrate those transformers into SoC. But we are not there yet.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

sformers into SoC. But we are not there yet.

Sorry, those are relays, not transformers. So, it might be doable with SSR . But i am sure there is an isolation transformer somewhere. You can alwa ys build the SoC yourself, not ARM, MIPS or PPC, but BellMac32. With appro ximately 200,000 transistors, it's a piece of cake with FPGA.

BellMac32 is 32bits with 8 registers R0 to R7, FP, SP and PC. It's one of the first C machine. This would be an interesting project.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Le 14/10/2013 04:57, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com a écrit :

Ok it might be a funny project to integrate a TDM bus arbiter in a FPGA. This is in fact the switch core of a PBX system. I was wondering if a versatile solution exists to control data's over the TDM bus and interface it to a low speed bus (SPI, SSC, etc.)

I might be interrested if a SoC could already integrate such a thing but obviously this is not a focused area of our silicon manufacturers ... not at the moment.

Habib.

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

So you want some kind of QUICC coprocessor functionality (found on

68380 and some PowerPCs) on a SoC ?
Reply to
upsidedown

Well, there are 6kV isolation transformers available inside ics right now. For example some analogue and digital isolators can be found at: And I'm sure there are others.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

ake with FPGA

POTS TDM are mainly used by one mother company over decades. The baby comp anies have not done much work in this area. So, most equipments, including line interface cards are likely found in their computer designs. The soft ware is probably WE32000/BellMac32 assembly running on 3B2/5/15/20.

However, you can't just buy a WE/BM OTS, if you need to run any of their so ftware. Fortunately, you can implement a BellMac32A with the cheapest Spar tan 6 X4 (around $10).

You don't have to. A complete kit, including FPGA, 64M SDRAM, ethernet, et c. is available for $89.

Ir should be able to run UNIX, or whatever OS they are using now.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Freescale have some powerful power architecture devices in production which have so called "PSC" (Programmable Serial Controller" units built in. I use the MPC5200B, also the MPC5125 and the MPC5121 have PSC-s. Be careful during selection, not all PSC-s on a device (at least on the 5200B) have all capabilities, you have to go into considerable detail to understand which can do what. E.g. at the 5200B you have 6 PCS-s, but two of them can do only UART; 3 of them can do pretty much everything, codec, ac-97, uart, you name it - and the 4-th comes close, too.

Dimiter

dp

Le 14/10/2013 09:55, snipped-for-privacy@downunder.com a écrit :

Yes i find something interresting with Freescale PowerQuicc processors (e.g MPC8315). These chips have a TDM embedded on it, i will read deeper the ref manual.

Thanks.

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

You can always do it with relays. A simple micro or FPGA driven relay arra ys should work fine. POTS works on relays for many decades.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Look for the TSA (Time Slot assigner/assignor).

Reply to
upsidedown

Dimiter,

Thank you for the topic. I see you know Freescale MPC series very well.

Habib.

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

Hey !

Strange that obviously very few people knows what are the main fonctional components of a voice/data core switch (like in a PBX). Time Solt Assigner is one of those. I'm beeing implement a TSAC in FPGA.

Thanks, Habib.

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet