Looking for universal programmer with proper linux support

Hello all,

I'm developing embedded software for a number of platforms, using only Linux as my host system. Unfortunately, often I need a second PC running windows to run the software to drive the programmer to program MCU's, flash, eeproms et all.

Can anybody recommend me a generic programmer with :

- Solid support for running on linux. No fiddling with 2.4 kernel drivers built with dirty hardware-abstraction-libraries etc.

- Command-line interface for programming from scripts/makefiles is a *huge* pro

- preferably a USB interface, since I tend fry printer ports quite often, and RS232 is simple too slow.

Price is not a big issue if the hardware is ok.

Thank you very much,

_Ico

--
:wq
^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C

I forgot to mention that emulation using wine is acceptable as well.

Thank you,

--
:wq
^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C