Best buy linux comp. CPU ??

Hello all,

I am doing some preliminariy research on finding a suitable embedded CPU for our next project on my workplace. The product of the product is in the

25k-50k range and somewhat costsensitive. What we are looking for is an embedded CPU bassed on a semi-standard core (ARM, MIPS,PPC...etc.) for direct support in commerical OS distributions. We are aiming for a full-blown embedded linux system which requires an implemented MMU. The CPU will act as a system controller, webserver, data parser/processor (~10-15Mbit/s bin/text), hw controller and some other server services.

- Highspeed interface for interfacing to FPGA hardware - best case a parallel DMA supported port.

- Min 300MHz performance. (super rough estimate).

- I2C + SPI + UART.

- 10/100 Ethernet.

- Mem. controller (RAM and flash ROM).

- Maybe support for compact flash / SD flash...etc.

- JTAG debug support.

- Maybe USB interface.

- Well supported and good tool-chain.

and most off all a cheap solution. Do you have any ideas of famalies or specific devices that will be suitable for a further investigation? Comments on the requirements are offcourse also most welcome!

Best regards

-- MMJ

Reply to
MMJ

It reads like a product blurb for the AVR32 AP7, aside from 300 MHz part.

Reply to
MikeWhy

Un bel giorno MMJ digitò:

emboliaschizoide.splinder.com