Small graphical LCDs - Free Image utility Available - What have I missed?

Hi Jim. Has the latest got the ability of drawing a larger screen? Thanks, Alistair.

Reply to
Alistair George

"Alistair George"

No. That's one of the bigger changes and probably the last one I'll do. I'll not be going any bigger than 320x240. Jim

Reply to
Jim

Well Jim, when you do 320x240 let me know and I would be pleased to donate $US25 to your beer fund if it works properly, and it is ready in the next weeks. I am surprised though that its the biggest change. I would have thought that expanding the matrix would not have been that bigger deal. Obviously I am ignorant of the methods you are using. Thanks, Alistair.

Reply to
Alistair George

Every other requested feature addition/change involves writing new code and testing new code. Once that code has been tested I don't change it. Changing the max size of the allowable editable/import/export area affects almost every area of the application and therefore has the biggest impact on the stability of the code. This is what I mean by the biggest change.

Cheer Jim

Reply to
Jim

While you are making this big change then perhaps you may want to consider making the max size user configurable. It will make the task a lot harder but it will also add considerable flexibility to the system. It shouldn't need a lot of extra bounds checking to guarantee stability.

For my application then a 320x240 max size would completely rule out your library as I _must_ have 640x480 or greater. However, I am perhaps rare in this requirement and the vast majority of people using your library would be happy with 320x240.

Reply to
Tom Lucas