RTOS?

I am developing an FPGA application which works in series with a main processor which is running an RTOS(VxWorks). Since my inputs and outputs are to and from that processor, should i be using any RTOS?

Kindly clarify. thanks in advance.

Regards Surya.

Reply to
Surya

Only the person who is writing the application code can decided whether it would benefit from using an RTOS. So you tell us, will you benefit from an RTOS?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Yow! Is my fallout
                                  at               shelter termite proof?

That depends on factors besides the FPGA. A possible impact is the maximum latency to service an I/O request, which an RTOS could make better or worse.

--
Thad
Reply to