RTOS or alternative for Basic Stamp II

Hello,

I'm not used to this chip but I am recommanding it to a newby in embeded applications. I would use an AVR and C but I would like him to appreciate his entry in our world...

A Stamp should allow him to quickly get a running app from fully scratch and no knowledge in any king of programming language (just college level grafcets and many lacks).

From a 59$ OEM Stamp he would just have to plug it to his PC and feed in 9V to type his first Basic lines. Are you aware of something easyer and cheaper?

Now the issue...

He wants to drive 6 outputs according to 6 inputs and also according to 4 non in sync temporizations. A RTOS would sure do the trick.

I thought about a main loop managing 4 separate counters and SELECT/IF/THEN/ELSE decisions according to counters and the 6 inputs.

Any remarks?

Best regards

Reply to
sap

Look here:

Guy Macon
Reply to
Guy Macon

thanks a lot!

"Guy Macon" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com...

Reply to
sap

Do a search for PICAXE on goole. Fast, cheap, easy.

Also check out the Athena chip at

Good luck!

Ken

Kenneth Lemieux