Re: What is IPSBAR (MCF5282)

NG,

> > What is this? I looked at the front of the UM and it is not > defined. It is part of the address, but I'm not sure of the > full concept. > > Also, is there any good books on the 5282? I looked at Amazon > for the one suggested in the UN, but it is $130 and older than > the processor! The rest of the books wene not clear on how far > they go into the 5282. > > Regards, > Jeff Simons

IPSBAR is the Internal Peripheral System Base Address Register.

Specifically, it lets you specify the address range that the on-chip peripherals will respond to. For example, the I2C controller is located beginning at IPSBAR + 0x300. If you set IPSBAR to 0x40000000, then the I2C controller register will respond to memory reads and writes to

0x400003xx.

--Gene

Reply to
Gene S. Berkowitz