good IC for making single ended into differential and vica verca

I am looking for the most common used IC to make sigle ended signals differential and vica verca, bandwidth is low (max 200Khz) and signal levels are between 0-5V, i have both analog and digital I/O. I have about 10 IO (5 analog and 5 digital) maybe there are some good IC's with multiple IO for this purpose?

This is for a telemetry system on my kart , to have less influence of the EMI (of the spark plug) i want to make all out and ingoing signals differential.

Thanks for any help on this one.

Yannick

Reply to
Yannick

quad pack RS422 drivers/receivers for digital

Reply to
bungalow_steve

For analog signals you may do best by adopting a method using several op-amps, rather than look for 'an IC'.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

You may have luck with the (optocoupler) system used by MIDI, as data system that survives (ab)use by Rock Bands.

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

Yannick scrobe on the papyrus:

It depends on whether you want to use two-wire (half-duplex RS485) or four-wire (full-duplex RS422) comms. MAX485 is only good for RS485, but MAX489 will do both. Four-wire is easier in software.

--
John B
Reply to

Hi, Have you considered using opto isolators at least for the digital ? Im not sure about using them for analogue, it depends on your requirments as thier transfer charecteristic varies tremendously from device to device for cheap units, and also very gradualy over time (you cld always get round this by using a simple pwm) but the complete isolation would give best imunity from noise, transients on the ground, ESD etc. or if want to digitise the analogue you could do it at the source with a micro.

A 'single transistor phase splitter' can be used to generate differential signals or just a simple unity gain inverter. A single op amp used as a diferential amplifier can provide a reasonable amount of CMRR.

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin