Re: EDK9.2i simulation problems.

Hi Goran, The FSL_Full Flag is not asserted. Also, the microblaze came out of reset. I know cos I probed the addr and data bus signals and there is information on the bus in the modelsim simulator, wrt to when the microblaze is not out of reset.

anyway, i found something else. This was what I wrote in my firmware code running on microblaze:

#include "float.h" #include "mb_interface.h"

typdef unsigned long long uint_64; //64 bits wide typedef union { uint_64 long_t; double double_t; } Union_double_t;

int main(){ Union_double_t a; Xuint32 temp; a= 3.0;

//extract the lower word to put into the peripheral

temp = (Xuint32) a.long_t & 0xffffffff; microblaze_bwrite_fsl(temp,0); //extract the upper word to put into the peripheral temp = ((Xuint32) a.long_t >>32) | 0xffffffff; microblaze_bwrite_fsl(temp,0); return 1; }

the code above does not work. In short, when i try to send a double precision word onto the FSL bus like the manner described above by breaking it into the lower word and the upper word, it fails to work.

However, for a single precision word sent in exactly the same way, it works just fine.

any idea? :) Chris

Reply to
chrisdekoh

Hi,

Easiest way to find out what is happening is to disassemble the program. Just do a "mb_objdump -S" on the .elf file.

Göran

Reply to
Göran Bilski