QVGA display panel

I am currently working with a QVGA and interfacing it with a display controller which has 256kbytes of SRAM (display buffer). The QVGA is

18 bit (R,G,B - 6bit each.) I would like to calculate the address range for each line, so that I can fill the buffer appropriately. Any leads would be really helpful.

Suresh M. Shenoy

Reply to
suresh shenoy

Consider full bit stuffing one line is 320 pixels one line = 320*18 Bits = 320*18/8 bytes = 720 Bytes Hope it helps anil

Reply to
badal_akr

No controller I have seen supports such a format in memory. The typical approach is to use 16 bits per pixel of RGB data,

5-6-5. Or use 24 bits per pixel and use only 18 of them (not that it makes much sense, but it is possible).

Dimiter

badal_akr wrote:

Reply to
Didi

I am interested in calculating the address range. For example I want to fill the address buffer on the first line to paint black. And then paint second line to paint white. The address from trial n error looks to be 0 - 07A0 for the first line. And I believe there should be a method to calculate this? Suggestions?

Reply to
suresh shenoy

I suppose it is my turn today to answer homework questions :-).

Pixel address=3D ((line_number*pixels_per_line)

+column_number))*bytes_per_pixel . Line numbers are 0 to 319, column numbers are 0 to 239 in your case.

Dimiter

suresh shenoy wrote:

=BD =EF=BF=BD Transgalactic Instruments

display