Microblaze opb_emc

I am currently working with a digilent pegasus board and trying to connect wtih their Ram module using the OPB_emc. The problem is I am not really sure where to start, I have the data sheets and shcematics for the ram and boards. But i am confused on how the external memory controller itself will deat with the ram. Any good tutorials you can point me towards doing this would be very helpful.

Thank you, Barron Barnett, snipped-for-privacy@u.washington.**NOSPAM**.edu

Reply to
Barron Barnett

First I'd ask your Digilent FAE. They should have a suite of reference designs that exercise the various hardware resources on each board.

Secondly the emc controller is not a particular complicated beast - you basically need to translate the timing requirements of your SRAM into the various timing parameters specified to the emc controller. The emc data sheet also has extensive discussion about mapping the signals, in terms of physical memory width vs logical (bus) width and so on.

If you are still stuck, post some details about the SRAM devices and how they are connected to the FPGA, we might be able to provide some pointers.

Regards,

John

Reply to
John Williams