Power and Area Chart of an embedded processor

Hi

I am looking for charts/diagrams that show the following:

- Power consumption of the single components of an arm or MiPS processor like alus, register file, caches and so on

- The area what different parts of the components in such a processor occupy on the chip.

Anyone an idea where I could get these stuff?

Many thanks! Mike

Reply to
Mike

If you just want a general idea, you could take a look at these die photographs:

Arlet Ottens

Thanks thats nice, I am exactly looking for something like this one

But I would like one where more area is occupied by cache to motivate some idea. Are there any other photographs where the cache occupies more space?

Reply to
Mike

Cache sizes are very flexible. Here are a few numbers from ARM:

It shows area/power consumption for dual 8KB cache (cache about half the die area).

However, the ARM946 supports cache sizes up to 1MB, so "it depends".

Reply to
Arlet Ottens

Yes, obviously they are flexible but for my motivation it would be good to have one architecture of die photo with big caches ;)

Reply to
Mike