Remote Control

I am looking for a transmitter receiver pair. Transmitter with several control buttons. Size around that of an electronic car key or a little larger.

Receiver battery operated with open collector or relay outputs.

I need to make a home security system that can turn on LED lights and such at outside sheds around 40 feet away.

I can find this but the receiver is AC powered. Need battery powered since shed has no AC.

Reply to
Robert

Check the local auto parts store, or a car stereo and alarm shop. They have remote kits designed for retrofit installation. Some are designed specifically for door locks; some just turn a relay on and off. The kit will come with a key fob transmitter, a receiver that runs on +12 V DC, and possibly some relays and lock motors.

If the relays are external to the receiver, the receiver output(s) will probably be designed to switch +12 V at 200 mA or so to a relay coil - the "standard" automotive relay coil pulls around 150 mA.

Keep in mind that the receiver will draw a small amount of current all the time, which may not be what you want if you're using a battery at the shed. Depending on how much the receiver draws, it might not be a crazy idea to use a stack of alkaline D cells or something like that just to run the receiver.

A couple of examples follow. I don't know if these are any good or not, just that they exist. You can probably find a greater selection at a car stereo and alarm shop.

1 channel, internal relays for 6 A:
4 channels, internal relays for 6 A:

Standard disclaimers apply: I don't get money or other consideration from any companies mentioned.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Don't care if you get a commission. I can use a car battery with a solar panel to trickle it.

Price is reasonable.

Anybody else have alternate solutions please.

Reply to
Robert

Unlike Matt, I receive a 80% MarkUp plus a 10% commission on what it cost you to wake up in the morning, with 6% royalties................ until. But then you get a 50% off Coupon with double your money back if you find a better deal.

Have a good day.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Great, please send me my double my money back immediately. And the coupon too.

Reply to
Robert