Philips LPC210x ARM

I'm thinking of using the LPC2104 in a design for a client. Has anyone tried it yet?

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

Mylinux

I've got a new board design on my desk right now with a LPC2106. The tools are working (IAR, Raven), and most chip/board hardware is operating (with 4 blue wires - so far).

The part has everything I need as far as memory, speed, etc. I considered using the ATMEL AT91FR40162, but with the LPC2x I can use both UARTS and SPI, and it has a built in oscillator and PLL. I also pefer the package. There isn't an industrial temp part yet, but I'm told there will be in a couple of months.

There isn't a lot of sample code yet, and some of the documentation is not yet "refined". I suspect that the answer to every question I have is in the documentation, but I've still got a lot of unanswered questions.

I haven't used a Philips part for years, due to a series of supply problems, and bad parts not too long after they took over the Signetics line, so I'm proceeding with caution. However, I really like the part !

- Hershel

Reply to
Hershel Roberson

I plan to use the chip series. Cheers - Henry

Leon Heller schrieb in Nachricht ...

Reply to
Henry

Are they a philips design or one they got from vlsi when they bought them a while back ?

Does anyone have a clue how to get copies of the old vlsi.com docs for their chips ? Local philips rep didn't know.(Philips bought them in =

1999).

I've tried the wayback machine

to search for the data sheets but no luck so far.

I'm after docs for VY86C7500 an arm 7500 part. Got given copies of docs on a cd but cd is corrupt(unreadable).

Thanks

Alex Gibson

Reply to
Alex Gibson

Clean the CD :-))

- Henry

Alex Gibson schrieb in Nachricht ...

Are they a philips design or one they got from vlsi when they bought them a while back ?

Does anyone have a clue how to get copies of the old vlsi.com docs for their chips ? Local philips rep didn't know.(Philips bought them in

1999).

I've tried the wayback machine

to search for the data sheets but no luck so far.

I'm after docs for VY86C7500 an arm 7500 part. Got given copies of docs on a cd but cd is corrupt(unreadable).

Thanks

Alex Gibson

Reply to
Henry

No it is corrupted, not dirty.

I can't read a single file from it. No scratches on the bottom or top. Tried a few different machines. It is a standard cd format but maybe wasn't recorded properly or no one checked it, ever until me.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

Someone behind the Philips scene (or a FAE) might have the ability to get the software for you from the Philips archive. VLSI made a lot for mobile phones. So a hacker...

- Henry

Alex Gibs>> Alex Gibson schrieb in Nachricht ...