AVR Development Board - I'm not sure what I need

After running many simulations in AVR Studio, I'm ready for the real deal. For my first project, I thought I would buy a pre-made development board using the Mavric-II

, which will be more then enough for what I'm working on (motor movement for various robotic arms and a few sensors). As this is my first project, I'm not totally sure which programmer I should get. The ATAVRISP is relatively cheap and it works with the Atmega128, which comes on board the Mavric-II. Is this sufficient for a beginners needs?

I appreciate any advice,

Sean

Reply to
Fao, Sean

Yep, it's a great little device.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Fao, Sean wrote: The Mavric series boards really look pretty good, and Brian offers some solid tool chain advice as well. Go for it.

DLC

: After running many simulations in AVR Studio, I'm ready for the real deal. : For my first project, I thought I would buy a pre-made development board : using the Mavric-II :

, which will be : more then enough for what I'm working on (motor movement for various robotic : arms and a few sensors). As this is my first project, I'm not totally sure : which programmer I should get. The ATAVRISP is relatively cheap and it : works with the Atmega128, which comes on board the Mavric-II. Is this : sufficient for a beginners needs?

: I appreciate any advice,

: Sean

* Dennis Clark         dlc@frii.com                www.techtoystoday.com   *
* "Programming and Customizing the OOPic Microcontroller" Mcgraw-Hill 2003 *
Dennis Clark

deal.

robotic

sure

Although he seems to offer some bad (IMHO) smt soldering advise. In all the howto there is not one mention of using flux.

Ralph

Reply to
Ralph Mason

"Ralph Mason" schreef in bericht news:fyMjb.181290$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xtra.co.nz...

[snip]

the

What brand do you use? And what solder?

--
Thanks,
Frank Bemelman

Hmmm - the solder I recommend on my site is a flux core solder. I've never needed to use any additional flux except for the tiny TSSOP chips, which I don't describe how to solder on my site. I've been meaning to describe those, just haven't had the time yet. I do use additional flux for those, but for all the stuff that I describe on my site I've never needed any additional flux than what is already in the core.

-Brian

--
Brian Dean, bsd@bdmicro.com
BDMICRO - Maker of the MAVRIC ATmega128 Dev Board