PCIe for Host to Host

Is there any way to use PCIe to do host to host communication? I'm looking at ASI, how it was built with means of encapulating ethernet & ip traffic from day one, I'm wondering how much of this is ASI hardware and how much is just PCIe itself.

Mainly I'm just interested in CPU to CPU communication without extra hardware on top of PCIe.

Any pointers would be sweet. Thanks Rektide

Reply to
rektide