PCI conformance requirement ?

I'm looking into using a particular PCI peripheral card as OEM equipment in a commercial system. PCI interface is based on a PLX chip. Vendor's Specification says the board conforms to PCI 2.3, however when I asked they told me they do not have a certificate of conformance, I gather the presumption is that since the PLX chip conforms, the vendor's board "should" conform. And therein lies the rub ! Conformance as best I know depends on both the interface chip and board attributes such as pullups, trace lengths, proper handling of some signal lines.

Am I being too picky in expecting a board vendor should have a certificate of conformance ?

What is the commercial standard of practice in this regard ?

Thanks for sharing, and my apologies if this inappropriately posted to either group.

Regards,

-rajeev-

Reply to
rrr

Hi,rajeev. I never heard there are some commercial standards of a board.Trac lengths, proper handling of some signal lines,you can find these in PC specifications,but maybe can never find in any board's specifications. Maybe you can ask them do some tests you care.If they won't or it does no work well,then throw it.

justnow