Details of the Basics to be known How to write Boot-loaders

Hi friends,

            I want to know what all one should need to know ? before
we start writing bootloaders for specific Architechture for Our custom
boards. please guide me in this regard i.e Basics for writing
Bootloaders and Material where I can get good information.

           Thanking you All,

Mohd sulaiman

Re: Details of the Basics to be known How to write Boot-loaders

First advice: Try to find an open-source boot loader that has 98% of the
code you need. U-boot is probably a good choice.
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/u-boot) It supports many processor
architectures and it easy to add a new board.

Second advice: Make the boot loader as small as possible, avoid
implementing features in the bootloader that should be done in linux.

A last one: Bying an evaluation board can be helpfull, if you you are
able to get the schematics and the source code.

Paul Geerinckx

Re: Details of the Basics to be known How to write Boot-loaders
Understand and sketch the architecture clearly in your mind.
Code for the bootloader accordingly.

cheeers,
karthik bala guru

Site Timeline