Details of the Basics to be known How to write Boot-loaders

Hi friends,

I want to know what all one should need to know ? before we start writing bootloaders for specific Architechture for Our custom boards. please guide me in this regard i.e Basics for writing Bootloaders and Material where I can get good information.

Thanking you All,

Mohd sulaiman

Reply to
Sulaiman mohd

First advice: Try to find an open-source boot loader that has 98% of the code you need. U-boot is probably a good choice.

It supports many processor architectures and it easy to add a new board.

Second advice: Make the boot loader as small as possible, avoid implementing features in the bootloader that should be done in linux.

A last one: Bying an evaluation board can be helpfull, if you you are able to get the schematics and the source code.

Paul Geerinckx

Reply to
Paul Geerinkx

Understand and sketch the architecture clearly in your mind. Code for the bootloader accordingly.

cheeers, karthik bala guru

Reply to
bluekarthik