A Detroit area company which is a world class leader in telematics needs a Senior Software Engineer. Salary $70-$80K depending on experience. Local candidates only. No relo available. Green card or U.S. citizenship required.
SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIPS Reports to: Software Manager Supervises: No direct reports. May supervise engineering product development.
BASIC FUNCTION Responsible for object-oriented, embedded system software product development including writing software requirements, analysis, software
design, software implementation, and testing.
- Performs object-oriented, embedded software design and development for Radio, Navigation, and Multimedia automotive electronic systems.
- Analyzes existing object-oriented embedded system software to add features, make modifications, and/or port to different hardware platforms.
- Analyzes customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
- Develop quality software by adhering to company software standards and object-oriented and embedded software industry best practices.
- Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to insure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program.
- Coordinates software development activities with software team leader.
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with software team leader to negotiate resolution.
- Overcomes obstacles to meet commitments. Demonstrates personal integrity in all interactions.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Education: BSCE, BSEE, BSCS minimum requirement. Advanced engineering degree desired. Experience: 5+ years object-oriented, embedded software product development experience.Audio industry background desirable. C++ programming experience required, advanced object-oriented experience including frameworks desired; HMI/user interface software development experience a plus; Hitachi SH3 or similar microcontroller experience required; Tornado/VxWorks experience desired; Microsoft Visual Studio development experience desired; I2C, RS232, other serial interface experience desired, MOST interface experience a plus; FPGA experience a
plus, CD-ROM/DVD interface experience a plus; Experience developing and
debugging object-oriented software in a real-time, embedded, multi-processor, multi-interface environment desired.
Interested persons, please contact
Mark McGarvey Executive IT Recruiter Spherion Professional Recruiting ISO 9001~2000 Registered419-893-2400, Extension 1291 email@example.com