Ordering Rabbit 2000s

Has anyone else tried buying these online through the Rabbitsemi website>zworld for the order to be cancelled without any warning?

Reply to
Fred

Fred

Your question is confusing (to me). Are you asking about general experience with Rabbitsemis online shop or wether they are canceling orders without informing you ??

Anyways, so far my experiences with them were positive. I also found them to be kind and responsive on the phone. Maybe something went wrong and a simple phone call could clear things up?

Markus

Reply to
Markus Zingg

Strange!

And the other side of it, after selling to them for years, I had them order another 100 items from me, then cancel without warning or reason, before I was able to get the goods off.

Their choice I guess.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

For one data point, I ordered (via the ZWorld website) and received one of their Rabbit+Ethernet dev boards.

Although the packaging was in good shape, the wall wart inside the box wasn't secured very well and it bounced around enough to knock one of the surface mount electrolytics off of the power section.

Sent an e-mail to that effect to snipped-for-privacy@rabbitsemiconductor.com and snipped-for-privacy@rabbitsemiconductor.com (which were the relevant addresses from the web site at the time; haven't been back to check). Never received an answer or acknowledgement. The e-mail didn't bounce so I assume that it got there OK. Ther order number was in the subject line, so there shouldn't be a "my spam filter ate it" excuse.

Ended up fixing it myself. Board was otherwise OK and works fine. As I said, just a data point.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Curious. I had a similar failure with them. The power pack bounced around enough in shipping (with no padding around it) that it smashed the power connector on its cable.

4 years later, you'd think they would have learned by now.

Richard

Reply to
Richard H.

Sorry for any confusion. However when I made an online order it was cancelled without any communication. I made another order and it was cancelled again, this time referring me to a local distributor who doesn't have any in stock. I had already ascertained this before ordering online.

I then reorder on-line on the 5th for 1-2 day overseas delivery. On this occasion I sent them an email as well. However 3 days later it's still "waiting to be processed". I have never come across such an outfit before.

Hence I was wondering if my experiences were unique. It seems they're not. Thankfully my current project uses an alternative processor.

Reply to
Fred

They ignored my emails, and I had to ring them from Australia before I was able to get any sense out of them, and then I didn't get a reasonable response.

They have lost the art of communication.

Glad you were able to use an alternative.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Just ordered the parts through DigiKey. At half the price! And free shipping.

Reply to
Fred

DIGI acquired ZWorld/Rabbit back in June. While DIGI puts new execs and managers in place I assume there will be some rough patches.

Kelly

Reply to
Kelly Hall

Digikey rocks! Can't think of a better supplier.

Reply to
Ken Scharf

do you mean digikey Kelly, or is it another company? webpage if not digikey?

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Hopkins

An entirely different company-- Digi International.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

AHA! Thanks Spehro, I couldn't see digikey aquiring them.

This is a very different proposition, and no doubt the reason they have been lacking in communications recently.

Don...