Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- PIC Opcode Corruption
October 5, 2005, 4:08 pm
rate this thread
Re: PIC Opcode Corruption
The behavior is not defined. It might be no-op, it might halt the CPU,
it might load random stuff into a register - there is no way of knowing
without testing, and no reason to care because these undocumented
functions could easily change with the next die revision.
Because it is uncharacterized. Similarly, your VCR's instruction manual
probably doesn't describe what happens if you put a banana in the tape
slot and press play while in zero gravity.
- » Where could I find a listing of embedded CPU families?
- — Previous thread in » Embedded Programming
- » Here's An Idea: Let's Make Rabies As Infectious As Corona
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Electronics Design
- » HC-05 module on a JY-MCU breakout board - what and how is it buffered ?
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Raspberry Pi Group