NXP Gone mad

Check. That's it.

--

                        cbfalconer at maineline dot net
Reply to
CBFalconer

Someone is actually claiming responsibility for the NXP website as it exists? That could be a severely career limiting move indeed.

Seriously - Tom is right. NXP needs to sell to designers, not kids and marketeers. If it wants to sell to kids and marketeers [who have ZERO impact on the devices we use], then it may as well sell off it's semiconductor interests today.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

It could be fixed very quickly

  1. Remove all flash
  2. Remove all extraneous javascript
  3. Remove all java
[By now, one has removed 90% of the site]

Tweak it so it is decently fast.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Intuitively obvious to the least astute. You only have to navigate through five levels of menus to find it.

Reply to
Everett M. Greene

It's a vision of clarity compared to Internet Explorer. You can also enter "about:config" into the address bar and then every possible configuration option is displayed in a list.

--Gene

Reply to
Gene S. Berkowitz

After hearing your feedback we have been working hard to address the main issues mentioned in this discussion. I also contacted people directly via email, these conversations were very helpful and constructive and helped us to fix issues more quickly. As promised we would inform you about the progress.

The following issues have been solved:

1-Showing the proper datasheet when downloading 2-The datasheet download functionality on the preview page 3-Zipping a single datasheet when downloading (Zipping will only happen when you select multiple documents after having clicked on the "download document link")

The issue with the empty detailed product information pages. This is solved for the most part, but not completely. We expect this to be solved completely in the coming period. It's quite a complex and time consuming problem to tackle, apologies for any inconvenience.

With regard to performance we solved several issues that have let to an improvement in comparison to last week. However, further improvements are still needed. We are currently working to realize these; you will experience the results in the coming period.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts. With your valuable comments we will further improve the website.

As said before, if you run into issues, please let us know and sent your comments to snipped-for-privacy@nxp.com, it helps.

Thank you,

Michel

Reply to
michel.rj.claassens

May be I should not beat a dead horse, but I can't help it.

It seems that NXP has invested a lot of money to make a new website and some additional money to reverse some of the "improvements". I for myself did provide inputs to the planned change of the website but the inputs were not very flattering. Next round I was excluded :-O because I was one of "the other engineers" that did not like animation and long downloads..

The best website within NXP is the

a lot less Flashy and less Java but instead faster and less clicks to the information. Unfortunately there are no links from NXP.com to standardics.nxp.com because for logic devices and microcontrollers the standardics website is definitely more up to date and easier to navigate. Those os us who start searching at NXP.com get lost, thanks god there is Google!!!

May be the design of the subdomain should be used an an example for the mother domain how to make the life of us design engineers easier. We are looking for information on manufacturers websites, not for entertainment. Flash and Java scripts are fine if you want to sell MP3 players, handheld video games and so on. I was under the assumption that NXP sells semiconductors!?

An Schwob

Reply to
An Schwob in the USA

I think they have now come to realize that most of us fall into the category "the other engineers" and promised to fix it.

Write to Michel directly. I am sure he'll listen.

And Digikey. That's about the only method right now to get to NXP/Philips datasheets that cannot be accessed via the standardics.nxp URL. If Digikey has the part, that is, but that's a whole 'nother problem with EU mfgs and I hope they listen there as well.

:-)))

--
Regards, Joerg (a Westphalian in the US)

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg