Not able to change contents of I2CRB of MSP430

Hello All,

I am using IAR C/C++ compiler for MSP430. In the project I am sendin some data through MSP430 to another chip through I2C.I have made MSP430 as slave. While debugging I want to change manually the contains of I2CR through register window,but its not allowing me to do,again the contain will come to its default value. I found in the header file supplied wit the IAR package of MSP430,they made I2CRB as READ_ONLY. Is there any reason to do so? If not then how can I change the contain of I2CRB register while debugging?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Narottam

Please be more specific. What is the chip you're using. MSP430 is a group of microcontrollers from Texas Instruments, and not all of them have a I2C interface. Some have a software I2C through SPI/UART, some have a hardware I2C.

State the precise chip name and perhaps we can help you more.

Regards, Antti Keskinen

Reply to
Antti Keskinen

MSP430

I2CRB

contains

with

contains

of

hardware

I am using msp430F155.

Reply to
Narottam

Hey again !

To independently set something in the MSP430F155, it seems you need to use the JTAG interface. Since you're debugging, I can only assume you have a JTAG connection set up with the device already and the IAR environment is monitoring this interface somehow. Have a look at the following document:

In it, chapter 3.3 on page 18 explains how to read and write to non-FLASH locations on the chip using the JTAG connectivity. If this is not viable for you, then the next best solution I can think of is to write a debug routine into the I2C master chip which writes the desired debug data into the MSP430.

Hope this helps.

- Antti Keskinen

Reply to
Antti Keskinen